Warning: Amphigorical Content!

grubby grists of euphuistic prolixity

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Beguiled

I met a faded man whose face I could not see
He seduced and won my eyes with smiling sophistry
I tried to speak his name, but his monstrous name was me

I met a sanguine man with my face above his cloak
I but uttered from his mouth as mine own began to choke
And in his laughing pupils my reflection turned to smoke

I met my glowing namesake, gave my heart and sweet adieu
Now faded I, hide from the sun that once I loved and knew
A spectator to my life, I am my shadow split in two
 
Creative Commons License
Spagphacious Aeolotony by Philip Damian-Grint is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from philip.damiangrint at googlemail.com